Participation at this event requires the award of a fellowship from the California Department of Education. California residents involved in infant/toddler program leadership as described for this program are eligible to apply for a fellowship to participate at this event.
Fellowship recipients are responsible for a reduced registration fee of $150.
This $150 fee covers:
- Selected Infant/Toddler Learning and Development resource materials and supplementary reading materials
- Hotel accommodations (double-occupancy – single-occupancy rooms are available for an additional fee.)
- Most meals (one dinner on your own)
Participants are responsible for all costs associated with transportation to and from the training site.
Applications for the Academy for Program Directors taking place in April 2021 will be opened at the beginning of 2021.
Application Essay Question/Statement Instructions
Before you start your application, please draft the answers to the following essay questions/statements:
Description of your program. The description should include information on:
- Program type (e.g., campus based, EHS, family child care, etc.)
- Program structure (e.g., number of children served, number of employees, age groups, group size and ratios per age group, etc.)
- Funding sources (i.e., state funded, privately owned, etc.)
Applicant’s statement of interest to participate. Address the following items briefly, but completely:
- Provide a description of your professional experiences listed in Section I.
- Why are you are interested in participating in this training project?
- How do you plan to utilize the knowledge gained from this experience in your professional work?
Application Review Criteria
- Priority will be given to individuals who are involved in infant/toddler program leadership such as owners, directors and assistant directors, managers, supervisors, coordinators, and curriculum specialists.
- Center-based directors and operators of large family child care programs must be licensed for 12-14 children to be considered.
- Geographical considerations will apply.
- WestEd does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.
Notification of Applicant Status
Once your application is received, WestEd will send you an email acknowledging the receipt of your application. If your application is received by the due date, you will be notified of your status approximately one month after the application due date.
Applicants accepted for the event will receive an email notification to enroll in the Academy.
Once enrolled for the Academy, a $150 cancellation fee for California fellowship participants will be charged if the cancellation occurs less than 30 days prior to the start of the event. In addition, for cancellations less than 48 hours prior to the start of the event, hotel cancellation charges may apply.
NOTE: All cancellation fees are subject to change.
For questions regarding the content of the event and who should attend, please contact Elizabeth Crocker, Director of Training and Certification, at email@example.com.
For questions about the application procedure, the status of your application, or if you did not receive written correspondence, please contact Karla de Guzman, Conference Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.