Fellowships for California Residents
The California Department of Social Services, Child Care and Development Division is funding fellowship opportunities to provide enrollment at no cost to FCC Providers.
There are 400 fellowship spaces available to California residents based on the review of applications. This event is limited to California residents.
The interest has exceeded capacity and the event is currently full.
The Program for Infant/Toddler Care (PITC) will notify applicants regarding fellowships by Wednesday, February 23.
The application consists of six sections:
- Contact Information
- Organization Information
- Infant/Toddler Training
- Education and Professional Certifications
- Description of your Family Child Care Home
- Statement of Interest to Participate
- Submit all required fields. The “Review Criteria” section below provides guidance.
- Once all sections are completed, click the Submit button.
- Be sure to check your email for confirmation that your application was submitted.
Application Review Procedure
- PITC will review and consider each completed application based on the review criteria listed below and space availability.
- PITC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Application Questions/Statement Instructions
Please note all fields must be typed directly into the application in English, Chinese, or Spanish. Please find time when you can complete the full application, as the format will not allow you to save, step away, and return later to complete the process.
PITC review of applications is solely for content. Sentence structure, grammar, and spelling are not part of the review process.
- Previous infant/toddler training: List up to three trainings you have participated in (e.g., name of training and host agency). If more than three, list the trainings that were most useful.
- Description of your Family Child Care Home: The description should include:
- Type of FCC (e.g., Family Friend and Neighbor (FNN), small, or large)
- Number of children served
- Languages spoken by children, families, your staff, and yourself
- Group size and child/adult ratio
- Proximity to parks and community resources
- Your approach to the children’s learning and care
- Statement of interest to participate: Address the following items briefly, but completely:
- Why are you interested in attending the PITC Academy for Family Child Care (FCC)?
- How do you plan to use the knowledge gained from this experience in your work and in the FCC community?
- Please share why you chose to become an FCC Provider and your goals for yourself and the children in your care.
- Who do you rely on for support, connection, and to remain current with changing regulations and practices in early child care (e.g., other FCC providers, coaches, networks, etc.)?
- Applicant’s personal goals for participation in the Academy
- Consideration of family child care type, plus geographic and linguistic diversity, is part of the review
Application Status Notifications
- Application Submission: Once you complete your application, you will receive an email confirming your submission.
- Acceptance Confirmation: PITC will announce fellowships by Wednesday, February 23.
- Invitation to Enroll: Applicants accepted to the Academy will receive an email notification to complete the enrollment process by Wednesday, March 2.
- Waitlist: Qualified applicants who are waitlisted will be invited to enroll if a cancellation occurs and space allows.
- Should you need to cancel your enrollment, please do so prior to Friday, March 11, so we may offer an opportunity to someone on the waitlist.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing to Karla Nygaard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the application procedure, the status of your application, or a missing written correspondence, please email both Karla Nygaard and Karen Charest at PITCEvents@wested.org.
- For questions regarding the content of the event and who should attend, please email Elizabeth Crocker, Director of PITC Training and Certification, at email@example.com.