“This was the best training I ever had.”
Krystal McClain, Early Head Start Home Visitor
Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc., Wyoming
The PITC approach to home visiting integrates best practices in home visiting with the latest knowledge in child development to provide effective home visiting services to families and young children.
WestEd provides Home Visiting Training for home visitors, family support specialists, supervisors, and their staff serving families in a home-based context.
Types of PITC Home Visiting Training include:
- PITC Home Visiting Institutes
- Specialized seminars for small groups
- Comprehensive onsite mentoring & coaching
PITC Home Visiting Institutes and Customized Seminars are designed to provide participants with skills essential to effective home visiting. PITC Home Visiting Faculty have deep understanding of the challenges home visiting professionals face when working with families.
PITC Home Visiting Training seminar content is focused on improving the quality and effectiveness of home visiting services:
- Meeting Families Where They Are
- Home Visitor-Family Relationships
- Parent-Child Relationships
- Cultural Humility
- Reflective Practice, Self-Awareness, and Self-Care
- Risk and Resilience
- Early Brain Development and Responsive Relationships
- Developmentally Appropriate Guidance and Discipline
- Facilitating Parent Understanding of Infant and Toddler Development
Participants can also select additional topics that are customized to meet their training needs and earn academic units or continuing education units.
PITC Home Visiting Training participant goals include:
- Enhance ability to build and sustain strong alliances with children and their families
- Learn to work more effectively with families to support their children’s development
- Increase reflective practice at all levels of the organization
- Develop strategies for self-care
- Deepen understanding of culturally sensitive practices
Participants also benefit from PITC Home Visiting Trainings’ professional and engaging components:
- Interactive Seminars
- Leading Expert Faculty
- Demonstrations on Adult Learning & Teaching Strategies
- Networking Opportunities & Professional Reflection
- Ongoing Onsite Mentoring & Coaching
For additional information about onsite mentoring, coaching, and specialized seminars for small groups, or to bring a Home Visiting Institute to your area, please contact:
Elizabeth Crocker at 415-289-2334 or firstname.lastname@example.org.