Peter L. Mangione, J. Ronald Lally, Diane M. Harkins, Amber O. Morabito with Arlene R. Paxton
Introduction to the PITC Curriculum
Part 1: The Philosophical Foundations of the PITC Curriculum
- Chapter 1: Curriculum That Connects with the Infant's Learning Agenda
- Chapter 2: The First Step: Relationship Planning
- Chapter 3: An Overview of the PITC Approach to Curriculum Planning
- Chapter 4: Program Leader Support for Curriculum Planning
- Chapter 5: How We know the PITC Curriculum is Working
Part 2: PITC Curriculum Planning
- Chapter 6: Curriculum Planning Step by Step and Moment by Moment
- Chapter 7: The Reflective Curriculum Planning Process
- Chapter 8: The PITC Curriculum Planning Tools
- Chapter 9: Small Group and Individual Goal Planning
- Chapter 10: Rich Learning Environments and Developmentally Appropriate Routines
- Chapter 11: Necessary Ingredients, Inquiry, Wonder, and Reflection
- Appendix A: PITC Curriculum Planning Tool
- Appendix B: PITC Curriculum Fidelity Tool
- Appendix C: Crosswalk Between the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF) and the California Infant/Toddler Learning & Development Foundations
- A User-Friendly Tool that Supports Goal-Specific Curriculum Planning in Five Developmental Domains:
- Approaches to Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Communication
- Perceptual, Motor, and Physical Development
- Includes Hundreds of “First Steps” (Curriculum Planning Ideas) for the Five Developmental Domains
- A Guide to Cognitive Development and Learning (Second Edition)
- A Guide to Creating Partnerships with Families (Second Edition)
- A Guide to Social-Emotional Growth and Socialization (Second Edition)
- A Guide to Culturally Sensitive Care (Second Edition)
- A Guide to Language Development and Communication (Second Edition)
- A Guide to Routines (Second Edition)
- A Guide to Setting Up Environments (Second Edition)
The PITC Curriculum Implementation Training
The PITC Curriculum Implementation Training can be purchased and used independently, but is most effective when used in conjunction with dynamic PITC Curriculum Implementation Training, led by experts in early learning and care. Training includes:
- Engaging, interactive, knowledgeable support facilitated by a PITC-authorized trainer (four 3-hour sessions)
- High-quality resources and materials to extend the curriculum and enhance learning and participation in training
- Expanded technical assistance to support your implementation
For more information about the new PITC Curriculum, or to schedule curriculum implementation training, please contact Amber Morabito.
Resources to Support Implementation of the PITC Curriculum
These are resources that can potentially support your understanding of child development and tools that support learning and development.
Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Foundations in your state.
“See it in Practice”: How can you implement PITC’s six essential policies in your setting? Check out resources that show how PITC can work for you!
"I appreciated all of the practice it provided the participants, rather than leaving them on their own to practice and troubleshoot after the training."
"I love how we are able to have the opportunity to meet and discuss our different observations and how to implement that into the day using out PITC tools. I especially enjoyed how we can utilize the tool as a reflection to implement at home with parents. Not just our daily environment, interactions, and routines but to expand the learning even at home."
"Great training. I have worked in the infant toddler field for over 20 years, and this training taught me new ideas and strategies for curriculum planning."
"Es un currículo ideal para llevar acabo en los programas porque es sensible ante las necesidades e intereses de los ninos."
"De muchas maneras, el material obtenido en las sesiones será de mucho apoyo para seguir creando planes y apoyar a los niños de manera tanto individual como grupal."
"Es un currículo que nos ayuda a trabajar con los niños usando nuevas estrategias."