Brief Program Overview
The Academy for Program Directors is a three-day virtual training event for infant and toddler program leaders that builds awareness and supports the utilization of new materials developed as part of the California Early Learning and Development System.
Participants will explore how these resources can be used to support:
- Program quality enhancement
- Child growth and development
- Reflective curriculum planning
The Academy for Program Directors is presented by the California Department of Education, Early Learning and Care Division (CDE/ELCD) and WestEd's Program for Infant/Toddler Care (PITC).
Who Will Benefit?
This event is designed to support those in leadership roles in infant/toddler care and education programs such as family child care, home visiting, and center-based. Leadership roles include:
- Directors and assistant directors
- Curriculum specialists
- Center-based directors and operators of large family child care programs (licensed for 12-14 children)
Please follow these three steps to apply for the Academy for Program Directors.
- Review the Application Information section listed below to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for the Academy for Program Directors to answer your questions.
- Use the “Apply Online Here” link below to create an online application or to edit your existing application.
- Fill out the application completely and click SUBMIT.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021 PITC ACADEMY FOR PROGRAM DIRECTORS!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY BY FEBRUARY 23, 2021
Click on the following topics to find out more information.
- Fellowships for California Residents
- Application Deadline
- Application Content
- Application Completion
- Application Review Procedure
- Application Essay Question/Statement Instructions
- Review Criteria
- Application Status Notifications
- Cancellation Policy
Click here to explore alternative PITC training opportunities.